On October 21, 2002, the African educational landscape was radically altered by the formal entry of Covenant University (CU) into the Higher Education context. Covenant University located in Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun, State is a fast-growing, dynamic, vision birthed and vision-driven University, founded on a Christian mission ethos and committed to pioneering original essay writers excellence at different paradigms of learning.
To be a leading world-class University, committed to raising a new generation of leaders in all fields of human endeavour.
- To create and distribute knowledge and thus restore man’s dignity through a Human Development concept of the Total Man, employing innovative, leading edge, teaching and learning.
- To actualize the application of research that promotes integrated, life-transforming values through Science, Technology and Human Capacity Building.
OUR CORE VALUES
These core values define our commitment to excellence. Covenant University is committed to transforming students into expert thinkers, innovative managers and resourceful Technocrats in all fields of learning.
- Serene, safe, secure, pleasant and empowering ICT driven teaching and learning environment.
- Academic programmes free of strikes, shut-downs and union face-offs.
- Well-stocked libraries and laboratories, as well as unrestricted access to the Internet for study and research purposes.
- CU pioneered the introduction of:
- Entrepreneurial Development Studies (EDS) aimed at preparing the Student for self-employment; and
- The Total Man Concept (TMC) aimed at developing the Total Man –Spirit, Soul and Body
- Our graduates have additional certificate in Leadership upon completion of their studies.
Within the short period of its existence, Covenant University has received numerous recognition locally and internationally as a centre of excellence. The most recent include:
- The Best Private University in Nigeria on Webometric Ranking and only Private University in Nigeria listed among the first 100 in Africa (February 2014)
- The Best Private University in Nigeria (2013)
- The Best Maintained Educational Institution Award by the Nigerian Chapter of International Facility Management Association (2012)
- The first University in Nigeria and one of the very few in Africa to start training SAP Consultants in collaboration with SAP University Alliances and SAP Education (2012)
- The Bronze Medalist Recipient for the Development of “School Management System” Software Application at an International Innovation Fair – the Seoul International Invention Fair (SIIF) 2011, South Korea (2011)
- The Best ICT Drive in University in West Africa Award (2010)
- The Best Private University Award 2009
- The Best ICT Driven University of the Year 2009
- The Fastest Growing Private University in Nigeria Award (2008)
- The Private University with Most Improved ICT Programme and Facilities by the Commonwealth Scholarship Prize and Awards (CSPA 2007)
- The University’s Leadership, Faculty and students have also bagged laurels and awards for outstanding contributions in the development and advancement of knowledge.